Friday, May 20, 2011

Lyla Jane's Room... For now...

Now that school is out and all I do every day is go to work from 10:00am-7:00pm. I find that I am getting bored with my mundane life. So, I dream up ideas for Lyla's room. I am going to need some direction with this project from my more creative and talented sister-in-laws and mother. So these are my ideas...how can I make them a reality???

Colors for room:
Turquoise & Coral
   
For example:










Now to make decisions, decisions.
Do I do board and batten in her room...or do I do a wall with a stencil all over it?
Do I go light with the paint color or a brighter shade?
Do I do paint the crib White or Cream?
Do I have a changing table or not because changing a baby sideways is awkward?
HELP PLEASE!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Here is my two cents: light on the wall color (remember you don't want to be too matchy matchy) so the color on the wall should not be coral or turquoise. It could be a lighter orange pink (kind of like in the rug) or a subdued blue. I like the accessories to pop, not the wall. Go for a changing table of some sort, but it could be in the closet or on top of a dresser so it can evolve into something different as she grows. Go with an off white crib (so not bright white and not yellowy ivory), but you might want to decide on a dresser because that could effect your decision. My vote is not to do board and batten. It limits the decorating possibilities and your crib and dresser always hits it at a weird place. My favorite picture is #4 and it goes with what I am saying. And you did not even ask this, but the single most important thing in my nursery is my rocker. I use it multiple times a day. Although they are not as cute, I would go for a cozy one. You just might need to sleep in it and I love when all my kids snuggle up with me on that thing and we read. You can't do that with a wood rocker. Good luck! Let's go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute colors Laura! Changing tables are a waste of money. You will change your child where you are when she goes. We had diapers and wipes on both floors of our house and used a diaper genie (so awesome!!) for upstairs and just threw them in the outside garbage when we were downstairs. My rocker glider was from heaven! Have fun with this...little girls are THE BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute ideas...either way your baby needs a chevron rug like that one in the picture...they have them at Urban Outfitters! :) I'm just saying this baby lyla will be one lucky girl...You Erickson girls are pretty cute too!

    P.S. I never used a changing table and I would definitely get a rocking chair that is comfortable...you will be spending lots of time in it!!

    ReplyDelete