Saturday, May 7, 2011

Good Bye School...Hello World!

Let me give you a little history of my long and tedious journey of what I will now refer to as "The University Years" or that expensive piece of paper that hangs on my wall.

I graduated from West Jordan High School in June of 2004.  I had already had one college class at this time, which marks SCHOOL #1: Salt Lake Community College.  I then enrolled in classes at SCHOOL #2 UVSC..aka UVU, for fall semester (where I met Tommy in the hall of fags..I mean fLags.) I am certain that the only reason I attended UVSC was to meet Tommy. I could only handle that place for one semester.

Then I took a semester off to Work at Zions Bank Call Center with Rach...Good Times.

In the fall of 2005 I decided to move to Cedar City, Utah where I enrolled in SCHOOL #3 at Southern Utah University. There I roomed with Rachel in a house that had 11 girls total and 2 bathrooms.  There was some fun and dramatic times in that house... a few issues with the temperature and a few choice words. All in all a great experience and I was there for a total of 1 year.

Then I decided to enter into the world of Title and Real Estate in fall of 2006. I still only had 1.5 years of college under my belt. I worked for a title company from fall 2006-spring 2008. I took two classes total over those few years at School #4...the University of Utah.

I then decided to go sell security systems in the ghetto's of Tucson and Phoenix Arizona. This section of my life will be saved for a different time and it deserves an entire post to itself.

In the Fall of 2008 I decided to really buckle down and finish my degree. I enrolled in classes full-time from fall 2008-spring 2011.

So after hundreds of hours of studying, thousands of dollars on books and tuition and after attending most of the colleges in the state of Utah. I graduated from the University of Utah yesterday and I am THRILLED...needless to say so are Tommy and my parents and his parents. It's a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!

3 comments:

  1. I attended almost every school in Utah too. Just wanted to check out all my guy options. Ha. Congrats again on graduation. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So disappointed you didn't give USU a chance... ha ha jk! Congrats that is a BIG accomplishment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say Laura...I thought I had gone to a lot of schools but you out numbered me!! I was UVCC...aka UVSC aka UVU, then USU, and finally SUU. ;) Congrats on your graduation!! It doesn't matter how it's done...what matters is that it's done. Love you sweet thing!

    ReplyDelete