Sunday, July 24, 2011

Role Reversal...

I am lucky enough to be a teacher for the Mia Maids in our ward. I have a fun and very diverse group of girls that I am over. I often feel very humbled in my calling and sometimes feel as if what I am teaching goes in one ear and out the other. I mean they are 14-15 yr. olds, so I don't blame them.
Once a month I get to ask one of my Mia Maids to teach the lesson, which I enjoy for a number of reasons: I get a week off of teaching,the girls get a different teacher besides me, they learn so much when they teach, I get to hear their testimonies, and especially because I get to have a mother like proud moment watching them grow up.
This past Sunday was a fun role reversal. My cute Mia Maid Kelsey Brown taught a great lesson on Obedience. The best part was that the people she taught were: the 1st counselor, Ann Blad, Kelsey's mom Jenny Brown, Kelsey's Mimi(grandma), and myself. There was not another Young Woman in class! Pretty funny. Great Job Kels!! I just love this girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment