Thursday, July 14, 2011

Glucose for Breakfast...

Today I had my 26 week Dr.'s appointment and just thought it was going to be the usual...pee in a cup, check your blood pressure, step on the scale and try not to cry, wait for the Dr. to talk to you for a min, listen to the baby's heart beat, and then reschedule for 4 weeks out for my next appointment.

Well, much to my surprise when I arrived this morning they asked me if I was ready for my glucose test. I told them I had no idea that the test was today. They had forgotten to tell me about the test, but it was okay because I hadn't eaten breakfast because eating before 10:00am makes me sick. So, I went ahead and enjoyed the Breakfast of Champions...10 ounces of pure lemon lime Glucose.
I had heard mixed reviews about this lovely little drink. Some people said it wasn't too bad and it tasted like a flat sprite. Some other people told me that it was just out right awful and worth gagging over.  If anyone knows me well they know that I struggle drinking any kind of liquid medicine and have my whole life. So I was expecting the worst just to be prepared. But lucky for me it was just like a flat sprite compared to other things that I have had to drink for medical purposes...Another story another day!
But I happy to report that I chugged the drink in two swallows and I survived the hour long ordeal with flying colors and hopefully I don't have Gestational Diabetes.
Oh and for those who care...I will post a baby bump picture soon.

2 comments:

  1. I got orange and didn't mind it... but it's also better cold? Don't know if you get that option from them...

    I can't wait to see your baby bump...I'm sure you look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little bottle proved really evil for me, and is a big reason why I only had one child. I hope it is a much better experience for you. I can't wait to see your little bump...it will probably show up for you in 10 more weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete