Monday, January 7, 2013

Um... We had a baby.

I thought I would catch up after a 15 month hiatus to document the best day of our lives.
 (FYI, this is a long story and I am writing it for my records, feel free to skip down to the pictures.)

THURSDAY OCTOBER 13th, 2011
 10:30am
This morning I had my Dr. Appointment with Dr. England and he informed me that I was only at a 2 1/2 and that this baby was going to probably be in there for another week or more.  To say I was discouraged was an understatement. All of my friends who were having babies were scheduled to be induced and I was going to have to wait. So I did what any pregnant girl would do, I consumed an entire package of Oreo cookies.

11:00am
I was working from home when I noticed that my pants were a little wet. (By pants I mean sweats and by a little I mean it looked like I peed my pants.) So, I changed my clothes and swore to myself that I wouldn't tell anyone that I had just peed my pants. I put a towel under where I was sitting just in case my bladder decided to explode again, and I continued working.

4:30pm
I had been thinking all day, just call the Dr. and see if it could be your water that broke. But, then I would talk myself out of it because a friend of mine went in the week before because she thought her water broke and she had just peed her pants. AWKWARD! haha  But I decided to call just in case. When I called the office the nurse told me to come in right away and go to labor and delivery and get checked. Instead, I decided to shower and wash my hair just in case I was there for the long haul. Lucky for me the Riverton Hospital is seconds from my house. So I grabbed my already packed bag, snapped this before picture and headed to the hospital by myself.


 5:00pm
I called Tommy who was coaching a Lacrosse game to let him know that I was going to the hospital because my water might have broken, but I really think I just peed my pants so don't worry about rushing home. I called my mom to let her know the situation but told her not to worry.

5:05pm
I get checked by the nurse and it turns out my water had been leaking all day, I did not pee my pants and then the Flood Gates Opened and the rest of my water broke. I wasn't crazy or paranoid.

5:10pm
I am admitted to Labor & Delivery with contractions every two minutes and I decide to tell Tommy that we are having a baby and he should come to the hospital when the game is over. (Don't worry, he left right away and came to my side)

 Swollen much?

6:00-8:30pm
I continued laboring with high pitocin and no epidural... lamest decision I have ever made. For some reason clinching onto the side of the hospital bed in so much pain I couldn't scream seemed like a smart idea. *Note to self... Always accept the epidural right away. My mom arrives for the long haul.

8:35pm
Epidural starts to take effect. I am enjoying ice chips, slushies, watching TV and chatting with Tommy and my mom.

9:00pm-12:00am
Last nap before kids. Dad arrives.

October 14th
12:00am
Fully dilated but because of my hip issues we decide to wait for an hour so I don't have to push as long.

1:00am
Lyla is ready to come with or without the Dr.

1:30am
I start pushing without Dr. England

1:45am
Dr. England shows up to catch Lyla

2:00am
LYLA JANE MCNEILIS is born at a tiny 5lbs 11oz & 18.5 inches long.






To say she looks like her dad is the biggest UNDERSTATEMENT!

We loved all of our Visitors
The Handley's came... and Todd even held Lyla
 Savannah & Lyla were 2 hours away from sharing a Birthday
 

 Snigga & Johnny Boy came by the day before Charley was born!

We also had visits from Nana Pam & Papa Gene, Heather, Marty, Kim, Krychele, Chad, Tiff, Bry, Ash, Jason & the Neider's. And lots more when we got home!

We also received gorgeous flower arrangements from Grandma & Grandpa McNeilis and my awesome friends Rach & Cory, Meg & Chad, and Nichole & Chris!

Little Lyla Jane ready to go home.


I have never been in love with something so fast and so much.
Feeling so lucky and humbled to be her Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! My name is Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog that I was hoping you could answer! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete