Tuesday, September 13, 2011

FHE @ Silver Lake...and a New Friend

ALL summer long Tommy has talked about heading up to Silver Lake to walk around and enjoy the outdoors. Which I find ironic because Tommy is a city slicker who hates camping in the mountains. But, he does enjoy being in the mountains and how amazingly close they are to us. He would just rather visit them and then sleep in his own bed.
So, for our little Family Home Evening we took a walk around Silver Lake. It was SO pretty and just what I needed to get out of the house after a long day's work.



Tommy and I both just were loving the scenery and the smell and being outside, when we ran into a new friend. MR. MOOSE.


The Moose really was so close that I could have reached out and touched it...if I had wanted to end my life of course.  Tommy kept wanting to take more and more pics, but I was a little nervous being around a large wild animal and being pregnant and all.

Needless to say it was a great night and so fun to spend some time with Tommy Boy. We really should do stuff like this more often because we are fortunate to live just minutes away from activities just like this.


P.S. We finished the night with dinner at Porcupine Grill. Can I just say that HANDS DOWN they have the BEST fish and chips known to man. Mmm.... Craving them right now.

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that moose are considered one of the most dangerous animals? Seriously. Glad you are alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that...but what I do know is they are HUGE animals and that is why I chose to stay as FAR away from it as possible. Tommy was the one concerned with a good shot. But I'm with you, I'm glad we are alive as well.

    ReplyDelete